Here are the 10 most expensive African transfers of the Summer 2020 window
10. Chidera Ejuke (SC Heerenveen -> CSKA Moscow) €11.5m
22-year-old Nigerian winger surprised many when he decided to move to Russia on a four-year deal in August.
9. Oussama Idrissi (PSV -> Sevilla) – €12m
Moroccan winger Oussama Idrissi became the fourth Morrocan at Sevilla when he moved on deadline day.
8. Mohammed Salisu (Real Valladolid – > Southampton) – €12m
Ghanaian wonderkid centre-back Mohammed Salisu moved to Southampton early on in the transfer window for a bargain price.
7. Alfred Duncan (Sassuolo -> Fiorentina) – €15m
Ghanaian midfielder Alfred Duncan finalized his move to La Viola after spending the second half of last season on loan with them.
Burkinabe winger Bertrand Traore finally moved on from Lyon after months of speculation regarding a potential transfer. He joins Villa’s African contingent.
5. Edouard Mendy (Rennes -> Chelsea) – €24m
Senegalese goalkeeper became the first African goalkeeper to move to England’s top flight since Ghanian Richard Kingson less than two decades ago.
4. Hakim Ziyech (Ajax -> Chelsea) – €40m
Moroccan maestro Hakim Ziyech’s move to Chelsea officially went through in the summer transfer window despite the agreement occurring in February.
3. Achraf Hakimi (Real Madrid -> Inter Milan) – €40m
After excelling on loan at Borussia Dortmund, Real Madrid opted to sell the young wingback to Inter.
2. Thomas Partey (Atletico Madrid -> Arsenal) – €55m
Ghana’s star midfielder finally moved to the Gunners on deadline day after months of futile negotiations from Arsenal.
1. Victor Osimhen (Lille -> Napoli) – €70m
Nigeria starlet Victor Osimhen made a historic move to Napoli as he is set to become the world’s next great striker.